The information contained herein relates to The Island House Nassau (the “Hotel”) and forms part of our Terms and Conditions.
1. YOUR INFORMATION
When you use the Hotel’s website (the “Website”) or contact us by e-mail, social media, online feedback forms or forms at the Hotel, we may collect and process the following data about you:
a) Information you give us, including:
– Forms filled out by you on the Website or at the Hotel, including booking accommodations, requests for proposal for special events, requests for marketing materials, requests to be included in email alerts from us or other inquiries;
– Content of electric correspondence with us;
– Site registration and use of your account;
– Participation in media functions on the Website;
– Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Website or your stay with us.
The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number, credit card information, personal description or comments.
b) Information we collect about you.
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you register, contact us with a question or request, make a payment for a product or service or stay at our Hotel.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
– Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
– One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
– Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
– Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in – for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his online buying habits.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle. We use personal information for the following purposes:
a) Information you give to us:
– To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
– To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services or an event in which you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
– To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services, for example, to process your payments or a hotel stay or vacation rental, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
– To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
– To personalize your experience on the services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
– To facilitate social sharing functionality.
– For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
– As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them, if we have received your consent to do so;
– To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies policy).
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
a) We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and with selected third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including fulfilling reservations and offering certain products and services in connection with our site.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website.
b) We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If the Hotel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our TERMS AND CONDITIONS and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Hotel, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
– To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
4. STORAGE AND SECURITY
Your resort stay information is collected and stored by us in The Bahamas.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of our services is directed to individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any personally identifiable information to the Hotel.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), email alerts or text alerts, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter and email alerts to you and we will use your name and telephone number to send the text alerts to you. You may opt out of certain communications such as customer feedback or marketing emails or postal mail through the instructions in the email or text, as applicable, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Some Browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Certain legal obligations require that we disclose how websites we operate, such as our registration page, react to Do Not Track signals.
Unfortunately there is no common standard among browsers or advertisers on how to implement Do Not Track, and no common understanding of how websites and advertisers should react. Therefore, at this time we do not alter the behavior of the Site for visitors who have Do Not Track signals enabled.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.